Can I get a TGIF?! The kiddos have plans, my SO is headed to work, & this momma is heading out with her bestie for a girls’ night out in a few! While I wait, I wanted to share a recipe we tried this week. Chef Des & I have been working with a ministry called “Under the Bridge” for almost a year now, & it has been an awesome experience! Every Monday night the people of this awesome group help prepare & serve a meal to about 75 homeless & low income individuals. Not only is it a greatway to teach Des to help others, it’s been a fun way to use my love of cooking & seeing people enjoy what I make has always blessed me! This week we signed up to bring desserts & wanted to try something different. After looking on my favorite idea hub, Pinterest, I decided on Reese’s Cupcakes because seriously what goes better together than peanut butter & chocolate! We picked a super easy version that uses a boxed cake mix so I was able to quickly pull together a double batch. I can’t tell you how much everyone loved them… lots of compliments & requests for seconds! I love a recipe that isn’t hard but looks & tastes like you slaved in the kitchen over it!! On to the recipe…
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix + ingredients it requires
- 48 mini Reese’s cups (unwrapped)
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Prepare batter according to box directions.
- Fill liners about 1/2 full with batter.
- Place a Reese’s into each and gently press in place.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Cream together the butter and peanut butter.
- Slowly adding in the sugar,it gets too thick then adding a little milk to thin.
- Continue until all of the sugar is in and the frosting blended and right consistency.
- Transfer to piping bag and pipe onto each cupcake.
- Decorate each cupcake with one unwrapped Reese’s cup (original recipe calls for chopped Reese’s to be sprinkled on top, but I liked how the whole one looked.)
Anyways, it’s time for me to finish getting ready. I hope you & your family have a fun-filled weekend!!