Today I want to share one of our favorite Valentine’s Day crafts: Heart Crayons. These are a kid-friendly, easy craft that would be perfect for your kiddos to pass out to their schoolmates at their school valentines exchange or party! First I’ll tell you how to make them & then share some ways to adorable ways gift them that I’ve found on (you guessed it) Pinterest.
- Silicone heart-shaped molds (These are sold places like Target or Walmart but are often a seasonal item. If you can’t find them in your area, lots are available for purchase online.)
- Lots & lots & lots of crayons (Recently we’ve added glitter & metallic crayons to the mix for very cool effects.)
- A baking sheet (foil-lined in case they splatter)
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees
- Remove wrappers from crayons (This is the most time-consuming part so utilize those little helpers!)
- Break crayons into little pieces.
- Fill the silicone heart molds up about 3/4 of the way up with your crayon pieces (either completely multicolored or pick different shades of the same color… we’ve done both & they are equally awesome)
- Put your filled mold on your foil-lined baking tray & place in oven
- Bake your crayons for 15 minutes
- Carefully take them out of the oven. (The wax will be fluid, & you don’t want to slush it around too much.)
- Let cool completely. (After the baking sheet is cool, you can place it in a fridge or freezer to speed up the process.)
Pretty simple right, but check out the results…
Now for ways to make these adorable heart crayons into valentines for your kiddos to pass out…
So many adorable options to chose from… if all else fails, stick them in a cute little cellophane Valentine goodie bag! Hope you are having a colorful day! Gotta go watch outside to watch the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launch! Bye for now!